Max's Little Free Library
Thanks to a Meadow Pond PTA Max Grant, our Meadow Pond community is the proud steward of Max's Little Free Library. Our Little Free Library is registered as number 21883.
What is a Little Free Library, you ask?
It is a small outdoor structure filled with books to borrow and share. The Little Free Library movement began in 2010 with the mission to promote literacy and the love of reading by providing free book exchanges worldwide and to build a sense of community across generations. Please join in by donating your gently used children's books to Max's Little Free Library by bringing them to Mrs. Moller, our school librarian. She will mark them with a special stamp and place them in the structure for people to borrow, read, and return or keep.
Can anyone take a book?
"Yes, anyone may contribute or take books. The more the merrier! If you take a book (or two) from a Library (Max's Little Library), you do not need to return that exact book. However, in order to keep the Little Library full of good choices for the whole neighborhood, the next time you swing by (Max's Little) Library bring a few books to share. Little Library book exchanges function on the honor system; everyone contributes to ensure there are always quality books inside. This way, we all win!" (from the Little Free Library website)
We Meadow Ponders are excited about our little library. Please help us in this special effort to spread the love of reading throughout the Meadow Pond community.
Things to Remember
- Books that are taken DO NOT have to be returned, but they may be.
- Books that are donated will not be given back to their original owners.
- Books that are put in Max's Little Free Library are NOT regular Meadow Pond Library books. They are gently used donated books.
- Please do not visit Max's Little Free Library during school dismissal time as it is a safety issue.
- Max's Little Free Library is only for children's books.
Any questions? Contact Diane Moller, MPES Librarian, at email@example.com.